Washington City Building Department
Permit Submittal Requirements\Information for Commercial Remodel\Tenant Improvement permits:
- Log in to the Builder Account on the City Inspect system to begin a new application process.
- Complete all required fields on permit application.
- Edit permit page:
- Select “Commercial Remodel” or “Commercial TI” for permit type
- Make sure you add contacts for everyone you want to have access to the permit for inspections, including name, email address and phone number.
- In the “Description Field” write a brief description of the project.
- Builder information page:
- Complete all information for Engineer, Builder and Subcontractors including Washington City Business License number for Builder and all Subcontractors. Contact the Washington City Recorder’s office directly for Business Licensing. You can call (435) 656-6308 or email email@example.com.
- If the homeowner is the Builder, enter homeowner information in the Builder section. Contractor license and business license are not required. The Owner Builder Certification form will need to be uploaded on the permit files page.
- Building information page - complete all applicable information in the fields provided. Make sure the Builder Valuation Field is completed.
- Permit Files\Attachments:
- Site Plan - upload single page site plan only
- Permit Plans
- Structural Plans (If applicable)
- Structural Calcs (if applicable)
- Fire Sprinkler Plans (if applicable)
- Additional Document(s): Use these fields to upload any additional documents needed for this permit. If there are none, these fields should be left blank.
- When all information has been completed and all plan requirements uploaded, click ‘Submit Permit’.