Thank you for choosing Washington City for your business. We wish you prosperity in your endeavor
Washington City Business License:
The following information and packets contain the requirements and applications needed for a business license:
Please keep in mind this list is for your convenience only. There may be additional regulations required depending on the type of business you have.
- Register your business name with the Utah Department of Commerce, 160 East 300 South, Salt Lake City , Utah (801) 530-4849 (click their link to the right for their webpage)
- Obtain a Federal Identification number and a Utah State Sales Tax Identification Number (if applicable for your business) 210 North 1950 West, Salt Lake City , Utah (801) 297-2200 (web address: tax.utah.gov). If you require only a Federal ID number, phone (866) 816-2065.
- Provide a copy of the State Registration, Federal Identification Number and the State Sales Tax number with the Business License application
Select businesses only (depending on nature of business)
- Show proof of professional license (if required). This is a license required from the Utah Department of Occupational Licensing for certain types of businesses.
- Schedule an Animal Control Inspection at (435) 673-7194.
- Schedule an inspection with the Southwest Utah Public Health Department at (435) 673-3528
- Food Services and Restaurant type businesses are required to install a grease trap, information can be obtained from the St George Wastewater/Sewer Services Department (435) 627-4250 or 3780 S 1550 W St George
To Apply Download the Appropriate Packet:
- Complete and return the Temporary-Use Permit form.
- Provide a copy of the letter giving permission from the property owner.
- Provide a property site plan of your location, including parking and exits.
- Contact a Community Development Counter Representative for information about sign regulations and placement Requirements at (435) 656-6325