We will foster a vibrant, prosperous, and growing economy through extraordinary community development.
We will implement creative community-based strategies to enhance economic opportunities by building strong neighborhoods, expanding existing businesses and ensuring a dynamic framework for growth and development.
111 North 100 East
Washington, UT 84780
Business Hours: Monday - Friday 8AM to 5PM
Director of Economic Development: Matt Loo
Washington City Retail Profile
Have you thought about being an entrepreneur and staring a new retail business? Or do you have a need to relocate or expand your existing business? the US Census Bureau has recently declared the Washington County Metropolitan Area as the fastest growing area in the United States. Because of this, Washington City is positioned to provide opportunities for existing retailers and those who want to start a successful business. By 2020, there will be over 133,000 individuals residing within 20 minutes of Washington City. Washington City offers one of the best places to start a business, raise a family, retire, and enjoy fabulous recreational activities.
Because Washington City is one of the fastest growing communities in the Unites states, we are able to offer retailers opportunities unavailable elsewhere. You will find our city a wonderful place to live, work, and play. come and see for yourself!
|Stats||Utah||Washington City||10 Min Drive||30 Min Drive|
|Annual Growth Rate||1.55%||4.81%||2.72%||2.22%|
|Median Household Income||$62,518||$54,463||$45,651||$49,535|
|Median Household Age||30.3||33.6||31.6||34.5|
|No High School Diploma||7.4%||8.3%|
|High School Graduate||24.4%||22.4%|
Economic Development Advisory Committee
- Two City Council Members
- City Manager
- City Attorney
- Economic Development Director
- Community Development Director
- Public Works Director
- Power Director
- Business Owners Representative
The Economic Advisory Committee of Washington City has embraced the following institutional values to direct our governance and activities:
- EXCELLENCE: Meeting the highest Expectations
- STEWARDSHIP: Respecting and protecting community resources
- INTEGRITY: Demonstrating honesty and trustworthiness in action and intent
- VISION: Imagining the possibilities
- INCLUSIVENESS: Respecting and valuing broad participation in community dialogue and decision-making
- COURAGE: Acting with strength of conviction even in the face of adversity
In order to better serve our residents and businesses, the Economic Advisory Committee holds itself to the highest standards of excellence, actively embracing the following core values:
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Being responsible to ourselves, each other, and to the organization
- CREATIVITY: Thinking about different ways of doing things
- HONESTY: Communicating the facts without judgement or bias
- RESPECT: Acknowledging each other's value and contribution
- TEAMWORK: Working together cooperatively towards a common goal
- TRUST: Believing in each other's success and ability
Washington City wants to visit you! In an effort to gauge the health of local business and industry, Washington City staff would like to meet with businesses to discuss any issues or concerns. If you are interested in having staff come visit you, please call (435) 656-6312 to set up a visit!