Washington City's economic development department will invest in quality of life.
By building upon the foundation of our pioneering spirit, we aim to increase the number of well-paying jobs, increase sales tax base to support public services, improve the property tax base to support regional public services, and improve the appeal of our city's current and future economic centers.
Commercial Development in Washington City:
Washington City is located in the southwest corner of the state and at the center of one of the most rapidly growing areas in Utah. Washington City uses a collaborative approach to identify and prioritize economic development projects that are supported by market forces and provide benefits to residents. You will find our city a wonderful place to live, work, and play.
Project and Area Information
- Learn more about retail development opportunities in Washington City: Washington City Retail Profile (pdf)
- Interstate 15 Buena Vista Commercial Corridor Video
- ARA Southwest Logistics Center Video
- Sunrise Valley Industrial Park Video
- Washington City's Annual What's Up Down South Update Video 2023
Economic Development Advisory Committee
- Two City Council Members
- City Manager
- City Attorney
- Economic Development Director
- Community Development Director
- Public Works Director
- Power Director
- Business Owners Representative
Policies & Applications
Washington City wants to visit you! In an effort to gauge the health of local business and industry, Washington City staff would like to meet with businesses to discuss any issues or concerns. If you are interested in having staff come visit you, please call (435) 656-6312 to set up a visit!
111 North 100 East
Washington, UT 84780
Phone: (435) 656-6312
Business Hours: Monday - Friday 8pm to 5pm
Director of Economic Development: Rusty Hughes