Washington City Utah | (435) 656-6300
111 North 100 East | Washington, Utah 84780 [map]
© 2023 Washington City Corporation. All rights reserved.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
From: Washington City Redevelopment Agency
Date: February 17, 2023
Re: Public hearing on proposed Washington City Industrial Community Reinvestment Project Area Plan and Budget
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, pursuant to the provisions of Utah Code Ann. § 17C-1-806, that the Washington City Redevelopment Agency (the “Agency”) will hold a public hearing on the draft project area plan and budget for the proposed Washington City Industrial Community Reinvestment Project Area (the “Project Area”) to be held Wednesday, March 22, 2023, at 4:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as possible, at the Washington City Offices at 111 North 100 East, Washington UT, 84780.
The purposes of the public hearing, as required by Utah Code Ann. §§ 17C-5-104(3)(e) and 17C-5-302(2)(e), as amended, will be to: (1) allow public comment on the draft Project Area Plan and Project Area Budget for the Project Area (respectively, the “Project Area Plan” and “Project Area Budget”); (2) allow public comment on the Project Area Plan and the Project Area Budget and whether each should be revised, approved or rejected; and (3) receive all written objections and hear all oral objections to the Project Area Plan and Project Area Budget.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN of the following:
(1) A map and draft legal description of the boundaries of the Project Area that is proposed for project area development is enclosed with this notice.
(2) Property tax revenue resulting from an increase in valuation of property within the Project Area will be paid to the Agency for project area development rather than to the taxing entities to which the tax revenue would otherwise have been paid if one or more taxing entities agree to share property tax revenue under an interlocal agreement and the project area plan provides for the Agency to receive tax increment.
(3) The Agency has requested an estimated $33,702,812 in property tax revenues that will be generated by development within the Project Area to fund a portion of project costs within the Project Area. These property tax revenues will be used for the following: mandatory housing allocation as required by statute, payment and reimbursement of infrastructure costs, incentives to developers, Agency administrative expenses, and other expenditures as authorized by law. These property taxes will be taxes levied by the following governmental entities, and, assuming current tax rates, the taxes paid to the agency for this project area from each taxing entity will be as follows: Washington County - $2,912,240, Washington County School District - $24,424,845, Washington City - $4,043,207, Washington County Water Conservancy District - $2,201,346, Southwest Mosquito Abatement District - $121,175. All of the property taxes to be paid to the agency for the development in the project area are taxes that will be generated only if the project area is developed. All concerned citizens are invited to attend the project area budget hearing as noted above. A copy of the Project Area Budget is available at the Agency offices as described below.
(5) The recipient of this notice, or other interested parties, may submit to the Agency comments concerning subject matter of the hearing before the date of the hearing.
(6) Any person objecting to the proposed Project Area Plan or Project Area Budget or contesting the regularity of any of the proceedings to adopt the Project Area Plan or Project Area Budget may appear before the board at the hearing to show cause why the Project Area Plan or Project Area Budget should not be adopted.
(7) The draft Project Area Plan and Project Area Budget are available for inspection at the Agency offices located at 111 North 100 East, Washington UT, 84780 during regular business hours.
All taxing entities are invited to consult with the Agency regarding the Project Area Plan and Project Area Budget prior to the hearing. If any interested person desires to meet or has questions, please contact the Rusty Hughes at (435) 656-6312, email@example.com, or by sending correspondence to 111 North 100 East, Washington, Utah, 84780. The map and legal description of the proposed Project Area are enclosed with this notice. All interested persons are invited to submit to the Agency written comments on the draft plan or budget before the date of the hearing.
Preliminary Legal Description:
Legal S: 23 T: 43S R: 15W BEG S COR COMN SEC 23 & 24 T43S R15W TH S89*55'49 W 542.17 FT ALG SEC/L; TH N0*0'53 W 1345.87 FT TO PT CUR LFT; TH ALG ARC CUR 38.97 FT RAD 5000 FT DELTA ANG 0*26'48, N05*48'21 W BEARING TO RAD PT TO PT RVSE CUR RGT; TH ALG ARC CUR 548.53 FT RAD 5000 FT DELTA ANG 06*17'08, S06*15'08 E BEARING TO RAD PT; TH S89*58' E 50.06 FT; TH S0*01'38 E 1378.94 FT TO S LN SEC 24; TH S89*57'23 W 94.41 FT ALG SEC/L TO POB.
Legal S: 24 T: 43S R: 15W BEG N89*57'23 E 94.41 FT ALG SEC/L FM SW COR SEC 24 T43S R15W TH N0*01'38" W 1378.94 FT; TH S89*58' E 633.96 FT; TH S0*01'58" E 1377.12 FT; TH S89*57'23" W 631.27 FT ALG SEC/L TO POB.
Legal S: 24 T: 43S R: 15W BEG N89*57'23 E 725.67 FT ALG SEC/L FM SW COR SEC 24 T43S R15W TH N0*01'38 W 1378.12 FT; TH S89*58' E 630.37 FT; TH S0*01'49 E 1377.25 FT; TH S89*57'23 W 633.14 FT ALG SEC/L TO POB.
Legal S: 23 T: 43S R: 15W BEG AT 1/4 COR COMN SEC 23 & 24 T43S R15W; TH N89*55'25 E 1319.09 FT ALG C/S/L; TH N0*01'49 W 110.50 FT ALG 1/16 LN; TH N89*30' E 40 FT; TH S0*01'49 E 1374.16 FT; TH N89*58W 1314.40 FT TO PT CURV LFT; TH ALG ARC CUR 548.83 FT RAD 5000 FT DELTA ANG 06*17'08; S0*02' W BEARS RAD OF CUR RGT; TH ALG ARC CUR 543.96 FT RAD 5000 FT DELTA ANG 06*14'; N06*15'08 W BEARS TO RAD PT; TH S89*58'51 W 961.58 FT; TH N23*29'08 E 1897.51 FT; TH N90* E 800 FT; TH S0*01'47 E 419.47 FT TO C/S/L SEC 23; TH S89*57'54 E 450.12 FT ALG C/S/L TO POB.
Legal S: 24 T: 43S R: 15W BEG PT N0*01'53 W 1375.53 FT ALG C/S/L & N89*58' W 631.58 FT FM S1/4 COR SEC 24 T43S R15W TH N89*58' W 647.69 FT; TH N0*01'
Legal S: 24 T: 43S R: 15W BEG PT N0*01'53 W 1375.53 FT ALG C/S/L FM S1/4 COR SEC 24 T43S R15W TH N89*30' W 631.58 FT; TH N0*02' W 1376.39 FT; TH N89*30' E 631.63 FT TO C/S/L; TH S0*02'37"E 116.45 FT ALG C/S/L TO CTR 1/4 COR; TH S0*01'53 E 1265.81 FT ALG C/S/L TO POB.
Legal S: 24 T: 43S R: 15W BEGINNING AT THE NORTH QUARTER CORNER OF SECTION 24, TOWNSHIP 43 SOUTH, RANGE 15 WEST, SALT LAKE BASE AND MERIDIAN AND RUNNING THENCE SOUTH 01°09'29" WEST 2528.95 FEET ALONG THE CENTER SECTION LINE; THENCE NORTH 89°18'46" WEST, 1319.20 FEET TO THE WEST LINE OF THE EAST ONE-HALF OF THE NORTHWEST QUARTER (E1/2 NW1/4) OF SECTION 24; THENCE NORTH 01°10'29" EAST, 2540.23 FEET ALONG SAID WEST LINE TO THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE EAST ONE-HALF OF THE NORTHWEST QUARTER (E1/2 NW1/4) SAID SECTION 24; THENCE SOUTH 88°49'22" EAST, 1318.41 FEET ALONG THE SECTION LINE TO THE POINT OF BEGINNING.
Latest on Instagram: