Lead Building Maintenance
Division: Community Center
Application Deadline: Upon Hire
Hourly Wage: $13.00
Performs a variety of general managerial and supervisory duties as needed to coordinate the maintenance and upkeep of the Community Center and other City Buildings.
Works under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager.
Provides direction and general supervision to maintenance staff when Maintenance Mgr is not present.
- Assists in training new maintenance staff.
- Assists with maintenance employee schedules.
Daily Job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
- Makes general repairs
- Some Painting and Plumbing
- Installs appliances and electrical fixtures as required.
- Installs, and repairs deadbolt locks.
- Handles designated service requests within 24 hours.
- Assists Maintenance Manager with proper levels of inventory
- Makes minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Assists maintenance in maintaining a clean and orderly shop.
- Drive vehicles required to jobs or pick up parts.
- Adheres to company key procedures.
- Monitor building security
- Moves heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Notify managers concerning major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Reports any maintenance problems.
- Must be prompt, on time to work, and have good, regular attendance.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed. Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for safe performance of job.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and daily activities while meeting timelines, and be able to develop and maintain a good working relationship with seniors, peers and must have good client/customer service skills.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask and prioritize many different projects and workloads. Must be able to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written or verbally) with peers and supervisor.
- Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years or more related experience Prefered
- Prefer some technical courses.
- Valid drivers License and reliable transportation
- Must have average written and oral communication skills to be able to understand and follow directions.
- Work Environment:
- Tasks may require lifting, reaching, carrying up to 45 lbs. and moving items that may exceed 80lbs.
- Equipment and Materials Used:
- General hand tools
- Appliance dolly
- Electric power tools
- Ladders including extension ladder