WCCC Front Desk Supervisor
Closing Date: Upon Hire
Wage: $11.00 hourly
Performs a variety of general administrative and supervisory duties at the front desk. Responsible for but not limited to creating new membership contracts, cash handling and accountability, daily fee refunds, rental reservations, program registrations, collections, retention efforts, front desk attendant issues, upkeep of front desk cleanliness, providing the utmost customer service for community center patrons, register transactions for daily entrance fees, merchandise, memberships, and rentals coordination setup/cleanup as needed.
Works under the direction and supervision of the Community Center Director.
Provides general supervision to Front Desk Attendants.
- Has proper knowledge of the capital management software (EZ Facility), pricing, and membership information. Creates new/renewal annual and monthly membership contracts, and keeps updated on all classes, sports, programs, and other services the Community Center has to offer. Books rental reservations for all city parks, ballfields, and community center facilities.
- Supervises front desk attendants and oversees the general functions of the front desk.
- Assists with collection calls, membership retention calls, inventory, membership audits, coupon tracking, registrations, and performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Opens/Closes the facility. Prepares cash registers, disarms/arms facility, etc.
- Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school, plus specialized training in office management, recreation programs or other related field;
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience performing above or related duties;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must have a disposition suitable for consistent guest contact. Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and other computer software to schedule and manage the facility. Must be able to pay attention to detail and perform well under pressure. Prior knowledge and experience with computer operations is helpful.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with: co-workers, volunteers, members, and the general public.
- Direct, motivate and develop front desk attendants.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task. Answer phones, greet customers, enforce facility policies/rules and handle customer service requests.
- Handles any incident/accident report with
- Special Qualifications:
Must possess a valid drivers license. Must be certified in CPR, First Aid and Defensive Driving Training within six months of hire date.
- Work Environment:
Incumbent of the position performs in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls. Tasks require a variety of physical activities, not generally involving muscular strain related to walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, etc. Communicating, i.e. talking, hearing, and seeing, is essential to job effectiveness. Common eye, hand, and finger dexterity exist. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminating thinking and creative problem solving. Periodic travel required in normal course of job performance.