Washington City Utah | (435) 656-6300
111 North 100 East | Washington, Utah 84780 [map]
© 2015 Washington City Corporation. All rights reserved.
Closing Date: upon hire
Wage: $13.00 - $16.00 Hourly (Depending on Experience)
(Consideration to Telecommute)
Performs a variety of legal, administrative, and secretarial functions for the City, including legal research, interviewing and investigating, preparation of legal documents, computer input, answering correspondence, scheduling hearings, assisting public, typing, etc.
Works under the direction of the City Attorney.
1. Maintains master litigation schedule and document control system. Reviews and updates cases to determine on-going informational needs, case critical deadlines, and the tracking, tracing, and control of case documents. Assists in keeping cases on track.
2. Maintains calendar of department activities, meetings, and various events and coordinates activities with other City departments, the public, and outside agencies.
3. Coordinates travel arrangements for department staff as needed
4. Assists in a variety of department operations, and performs special
projects and assignments.
5. Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
A.High school diploma or equivalent and completion of a recognized paralegal training program (2) years of paid related on-the-job work experience as a paralegal or legal assistant;
B.(2) years of paid related on-the-job work experience as a paralegal or legal assistant; in a City Attorneys office desirable;
C. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Considerable knowledge of:
independent judgment and personal initiative.
Functions of the position are periodically performed in an uncontrolled, hazardous environment, subject to all seasonal and weather extremes. Emergency response travel required in normal course of performing duties. Many functions of the work pose high degree of hazard uncertainty. Physical readiness and conditioning will be a condition of job retention. Various levels of mental application required, i.e., memory for details, emotional stability, discriminate thinking, creative problem solving. Continuous use of motor skills.
It is the policy of Washington City to comply with Equal Employment Opportunity standards in all phases of personnel administration: job structuring, recruitment, examination, selection, appointment, placement, training, upward mobility, discipline, discharge, etc, without unlawful regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin or veteran status.