Washington City Utah | (435) 656-6300
111 North 100 East | Washington, Utah 84780 [map]
© 2023 Washington City Corporation. All rights reserved.
With September upon us, here are some tips for getting ready for Fall:
1. September is a great time to plant container nursery stock.
2. Listen to your TV weather forecaster for frost warnings.
3. Cover tender crops if early frost threatens.
4. Purchase bulbs from your local nursery.
5. Keep up insect and weed control.
6. Make slug and snail control a fall priority.
7. Work mulch into soil before planting bulbs and use a complete fertilizer when planting them.
8. Plant spring bulbs at proper depths; you can also plant pansies with your fall bulbs. The pansies will last all winter long and into the spring.
9. It is a good time to plant trees and shrubs as well as crocus, narcissus, and tulips.
10. Seed a new lawn or lay sod.
Latest on Instagram: