Washington City Utah | (435) 656-6300
111 North 100 East | Washington, Utah 84780 [map]
© 2020 Washington City Corporation. All rights reserved.
February 12th, 2020
1. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Washington City Council approved the agenda unanimously.
Mayor Kenneth Neilson announced a Bison was donated to Washington City and has been placed at the Sullivan Park.
3. DECLARATION OF ABSTENTIONS & CONFLICTS
Council Member Coats noted he would be abstaining from Item 5A.
4. CONSENT AGENDA
The Washington City Council approved the consent agenda as detailed below unanimously.
a. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Consideration to approve the minutes from the City Council Meetings of 12/10/19
b. BOARD AUDIT: Consideration to approve the Board Audit for January 2020
c. LOCAL CONSENT: Consideration to approve a new On-Premise Licenses for Perks! Espresso & Smoothies
d. SPECIAL EVENTS:
1. Consideration to approve a Special Event for the Special Needs Kids Fishing Event at the Sullivan Park Pond on March 30, 2020. Applicant: Southern Utah Anglers/Washington City.
2. Consideration to approve a Special Event for Southern Utah Half Marathon at the Highland Park to Bloomington Park in St. George on March 28, 2020. Applicant: Red Mountain Running Events.
3. Consideration to approve a Special Event for Cotton Days and the closure of the Parade Route and various locations throughout the city, from April 21st thur April 26th. Applicant: Washington City.
4. Consideration to approve a Special Event for Pioneer Day at the Veterans Park on July 24, 2020. Applicant: Washington City.
5. Consideration to approve a Special Event for Veterans Day at the Veterans Park and the closure of the Parade Route on November 11, 2020. Applicant: Washington City.
6. Consideration to approve a Special Event for Christmas in Dixie at the Veterans Park and the Covington Home, on December 7, 2020. Applicant: Washington City.
7. Consideration to approve a Special Event for Lake to Lake Team Relay and Ultra to be held at Sullivan Park, City trails, and along with the road shoulders, on March 7, 2020. Applicant: City of St. George.
8. Consideration to approve a Special Event for IRONMAN St. George the bike portion of the race, on May 2, 2020. Applicant: David Reed.
5. DEDICATION PLAT
a. Consideration to approve the Dedication Plat for Canyon Park and Hell Hole Trailhead at Sienna Hills, located approximately south of Telegraph Street and Washington Parkway off the Red Trails Lane. Applicant: SITLA. The Washington City Council voted to table for further discussion of its name with a vote of 3 to 2.
6. PUBLIC HEARING
The following Public Hearings took place and a decision will be made in two weeks.
a. Public Hearing for consideration to approve a General Plan Amendment G-20-01, requesting to change the Land Use Designation from Business to Industrial. The property is located at approximately 840 South 100 East, Washington, Utah. Applicant: Ken Jolley.
b. Public Hearing for consideration to grant an Additional Height Waiver request HW-20-01, for a detached garage at a height of 2210, located at 329 W. Granite Drive, Cobblestone Phase 2, Lot 36. Applicant: JT Custom Homes.
7. ADDITIONAL HEIGHT WAIVER
a. Consideration to approve the Height Waiver request HW-20-01, located at 329 W. Granite Drive Cobblestone Phase 2, Lot 36. Application: JT Custom Homes. The Washington City Council voted to approve unanimously.
a. Continuation of a consideration to approve an Ordinance to amend the Height Regulations, Sections 9-8D-4, 9-9-4, 9-10A-4, 9-10B-4, 9-10C-4 and 9-11-4. Community Development Director Drew Ellerman. The Washington City Council voted to approve 3 to 2.
a. Consideration to approve an easement from SITLA to Washington City for 1.168 acres known as the Mill Creek Trailhead. City Attorney Jeff Starkey / Leisure Service Director Barry Blake. The Washington City Council voted to approve unanimously.
10. REPORT OF OFFICERS FROM ASSIGNED COMMITTEE
Council reported on their assigned committees.
11. CITY MANAGER REPORT
City Manager Carter updated Council on current Washington City Projects.
To watch all of this council meeting please visit.
If you have a question, comment, or feedback, let your council know.
To view minutes from past meetings, see agendas for upcoming meetings, and view public notices please visit: