Washington City Building Department
Permit Submittal Requirements\Information for Commercial New Construction, Additions and Common Area Buildings
For Commercial New Construction, Additions and Common Area Buildings in Washington City, building permit applications and plans will not be accepted until Civil Plans are approved.
Following are instructions for permit application:
- Log in to the Builder Account on the City Inspect system to begin a new application process.
- Complete all required fields on permit application.
- Edit permit page:
- Select “Commercial (New Build)” or “Commercial Addition” for permit type
- Make sure you add contacts for everyone you want to have access to the permit for inspections, including name, email address and phone number.
- Builder information page:
- Complete all information for Engineer, Builder and Subcontractors including Washington City Business License number for Builder and all Subcontractors. Contact the Washington City Recorder’s office directly for Business Licensing. You can call (435) 656-6308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building information page - complete all applicable information in the fields provided
- Permit Files\Attachments:
- Approved Civil Plans - upload city stamped and signed civil plans. Note permit application will not be accepted without approved civil plans.
- Commercial Checklist - completed and signed. Note permit application will not be accepted without Commercial Checklist.
- Single Page Site Plan - upload single page site plan only
- Code Analysis Sheet(s)
- Permit Plans - Upload architectural drawings only.
- Structural Plans: Upload stamped structural drawings only.
- Structural Calculations
- Truss Design Verification from Engineer: Upload Engineer of Record stamped letter regarding truss calculations verifying review of truss engineering and their conformance with submitted plans
- Truss Layout Sheet: Upload engineered truss layout (if applicable)
- Truss Packet: Upload engineered truss details (if applicable)
- Fire Sprinklers (if applicable)
- Washington County Water Conservancy District (WCWCD) Form: Upload completed WCWCD receipt. If the fee has not been paid contact Public Works for assistance with the application.
- Additional Documents: Use these fields to upload any additional documents needed for this permit. If there are none, these fields should be left blank.
- When all information has been completed and all plan requirements uploaded, click ‘Submit Permit’.
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY:
- Soils Compliance Letter
- Insulation Certification
- Stucco Certification
- Termite Certification
Note: All four certifications are required to be uploaded to the Building Permit before Certificate of Occupancy (CO) can be released. Please upload to the section titled “Attachments for Review”
Final inspection and approval are required by the following departments before the Certificate of Occupancy can be released: Building, Planning & Zoning, Fire, Public Works.