Washington City Building Department
Permit Submittal Requirements\Information for Commercial New Construction, Additions and Common Area Buildings
For Commercial New Construction, Additions and Common Area Buildings in Washington City, building permit applications and plans will not be accepted until Civil Plans are approved.
*Deferred Submittals shall have prior approval of the Building Official*
Following are instructions for permit application:
- Log in to the Builder Account on the City Inspect system to begin a new application process. Please select the Building Inspection portal for Building Permit Applications.
- Complete all required fields on permit application.
- Edit permit page:
- Select “Commercial (New Build)” or “Commercial Addition” for permit type
- Make sure you add contacts for everyone you want to have access to the permit for inspections, including name, email address and phone number.
- Builder information page:
- Complete all information for Engineer, Builder and Subcontractors including Business License number and name of issuing city for Builder and all Subcontractors. APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT COMPLETE GENERAL CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR INFORMATION.
- Building information page - complete all applicable information, including valuation of the project, in the fields provided- please enter all square footages applicable to the project - and use the drop down menu to select the correlating use classification identification. If you have questions on this, please contact the building department.
- Permit Files\Attachments:
- Approved Civil Drawings (Site Construction Plans) - upload city stamped and signed civil plans. Note permit application will not be accepted without approved civil plans.
- Grading permit - signed/approved with Public Works
- SWPPP (Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan)
- SWPPP Notice of Intent (NOI) NOTE: The NOI Inspection is required for initiation of the Stormwater Permit and needs to be scheduled at footings.
- Commercial Checklist - completed and signed. Note permit applications will not be accepted without a Commercial Checklist.
- Single Page Site Plan - upload single page site plan only from approved civil planset.
- Fire Review Information Form
- Single Page Fire & Life Safety (F&LS) plan
- Fire Sprinklers
- Fire Alarm System
- Landscaping Plan - Detailing plants, rock, mulch, trees and percentage of live greenery coverage.
- Code Analysis Sheet(s)
- Permit Plans - Upload architectural drawings and Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing plans only.
- Structural Plans: Upload stamped structural drawings only.
- Elevations of Building (all sides) detailed product types
- Structural Calculations
- Truss Design Verification from Engineer: Upload Engineer of Record stamped letter regarding truss calculations verifying review of truss engineering and their conformance with submitted plans. NOTE : APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS ITEM. NO TRUSS DEFERRALS.
- Truss Layout Sheet: Upload engineered truss layout. NOTE : APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS ITEM. NO TRUSS DEFERRALS.
- Truss Packet: Upload engineered truss details. NOTE : APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS ITEM. NO TRUSS DEFERRALS.
- Washington County Water Conservancy District (WCWCD) Form: Upload completed WCWCD receipt. If the fee has not been paid, contact Public Works for assistance with the application.
- Additional Documents: Use these fields to upload any additional documents needed for this permit. If there are none, these fields should be left blank. NOTE: There are “Additional Document” fields specific to different internal departments i.e.: Fire, Stormwater, etc - these should be used only for documents that pertain to the specific department.
- When all information has been completed and all plan requirements uploaded, click ‘Submit Permit’.
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY:
- Soils Compliance Letter
- Insulation Certification
- Stucco Certification
- Termite Certification
Note: All four certifications are required to be uploaded to the Building Permit before Certificate of Occupancy (CO) can be released. Please upload to the section titled “Attachments for Review”
Final inspection and approval are required by the following departments before the Certificate of Occupancy can be released: Building, Planning & Zoning, Fire, Public Works, .