Washington City Building Department
Permit Submittal Requirements\Information for Residential Basement Finish:
- Log in to the Builder Account on the City Inspect systemto begin a new application process.
- Complete all required fields on permit application.
- Edit permit page:
- Select Basement Finish for permit type
- Make sure you add contacts for everyone you want to have access to the permit for inspections, including name, email address and phone number.
- Builder information page:
- Complete all information for Engineer, Builder and Subcontractors including Washington City Business License number for Builder and all Subcontractors. Contact the Washington City Recorders office directly for Business Licensing. You can call (435) 656-6308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the homeowner is the Builder, enter homeowner information in the Builder section. Contractor license and business license are not required. The Owner Builder Certification form will need to be uploaded on the permit files page.
- Building information page - complete all applicable information in the fields provided. The Builder Valuation field must be filled out.
- Permit Files\Attachments-Upload all that apply:
- Permit Plans - Upload architectural drawings only.
- Structural Plans: Upload stamped structural drawings only.
- Structural Calculations: Upload complete structural calculations for this property.
- Owner Builder Declaration: Upload completed and notarized Owner Builder Certification form - only for permits that are Owner Builder
- Additional Documents: Use these fields to upload any additional documents needed for this permit. If there are none, these fields should be left blank.
- When all information has been completed and all plan requirements uploaded, click Submit Permit.