Washington City Building Department
Permit Submittal Requirements For Solar Permits
AS OF MAY 15 2023, ALL SOLAR PERMIT APPLICANTS MUST BE AN APPROVED INSTALLER BY THE WASHINGTON CITY POWER DEPARTMENT PRIOR TO SUBMITTING FOR PERMIT. AS OF JULY 1, 2023, ALL PLANS MUST BE PRE-APPROVED BY AN APPROVED THIRD PARTY REVIEWER PRIOR TO SUBMITTING FOR PERMIT.
PLEASE CONTACT THE WASHINGTON CITY POWER DEPARTMENT FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT SOLAR INSTALL, BECOMING AN APPROVED INSTALLER, AND INFORMATION ON THIRD PARTY REVIEW PRIOR TO SUBMITTING FOR A BUILDING PERMIT 435-656-6329
Log in to Builder Account on City Inspect to begin the new application process.
Select ‘Solar’ for permit type.
Complete all fields on permit application including property owner information:
- Please add contacts for everyone you want to have access to the permit for inspections in the contact box area.
- Complete all applicable information for Engineer, Builder and Subcontractors including State Issued Contractor License and Business License number for Builder and all Subcontractors.
Builder info page - Complete “Valuation” field. The input for this field should correlate with the amount on the RRA form for the cost of the project.
Attachments: All documents to be submitted in PDF format.
- RENEWABLE RESOURCE AGREEMENT:
Upload a copy of the completed document with property owner signature and notary signature in this field.
For property located in the Washington City Power service area - upload Renewable Resource Agreement, in full with ordinance (Application and Ordinance available here). Original signature of property owner is required and must be notarized (docu-sign is not accepted) - Prior to permit issue, the original notarized agreement must be turned in to the Washington City Power Department 111 N 100 E Washington, Utah 84780 - Attn: Power Department. A copy of the notarized document must be uploaded with the permit application.
For property located in Dixie Power service area - contact Dixie Power directly for Net Meter application and upload the approved Dixie Power Net Meter Agreement in the Net Meter Agreement field.
- Site Plan - upload single page site plan including single line drawing. Must indicate the location of the solar electrical modules, the inverter, batteries (if any), lockable disconnect switch, and point of connection with the utility system. The installation address, current account number at that address, and the installer’s name and telephone number must also be included on the one page site map and single line drawings. This document is to be pre-approved with the appropriate third party reviewer containing the reviewer stamp.
- Permit plans: Upload stamped pre-approved permit plans for the third party reviewer. Plans only - Do not include solar specs or engineer letter.
- Solar Specifications: Upload Solar Specifications only - Do not include additional documents beyond the solar install specifications.
- Engineer Letter: Upload a letter of review from the structural engineer for the approved solar installation.
- Current Meter: Provide a photo of the current meter.
- Upload HOA Approval Letter-required for all properties with an HOA.
When all information has been completed and all plan requirements uploaded, click ‘Submit Application’.