Washington City Building Department
Permit Submittal Requirements For Solar Permits
Log in to Builder Account on City Inspect to begin the new application process.
Select ‘Solar’ for permit type.
Complete all required fields on permit application:
- Make sure you add contacts for everyone you want to have access to the permit for inspections.
- Complete all applicable information for Engineer, Builder and Subcontractors including Washington City Business License number for Builder and all Subcontractors.
Builder info page - Complete “Builder Valuation” field.
- Upload Net Metering application, in full with ordinance. Original signature of property owner is required (docu-sign is not accepted). Net meter application for Washington City Power (available here) is required for property located in the Washington City Power service area. Contact Dixie power directly for Net Meter application for property in the Dixie Power service area. An approved Net Meter agreement with Dixie Power is required for all properties located in Dixie Power Service area.
- Upload HOA Approval Letter-required for all properties with and HOA.
- Site Plan - upload single page site plan including single line drawing. Must indicate the location of the solar electrical modules, the inverter, batteries (if any), lockable disconnect switch, and point of connection with the utility system. The installation address, current account number at that address, and the installer’s name and telephone number must also be included on the one page site map and single line drawings.
- Permit plans: Upload permit plans.
- Solar Specifications: Upload Solar Specifications.
When all information has been completed and all plan requirements uploaded, click ‘Submit Application’.