Aquatic Facility Rules
Having entered the Washington City Aquatics facility, either through payment of daily admission, season or monthly pass, party rental, or any other means, each person or person(s) agrees to comply with the facility rules as outlined on the facility signs. Failure to do so can result in expulsion from the facility either temporarily or in extreme cases permanently. In either case, there will be no refunds.
- Patrons must obey Lifeguards at all times. All rules and enforcement of rules are for the safety of the patrons and staff. Lifeguards can make safety rules as needed not specifically mentioned below.
- Patrons must take a cleansing shower before entering the pool.
- Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult 18 years or older.
- Children under 6 must be accompanied in the water by an adult 18 years or older at all times.
- Only individuals over the age of 18 are allowed in the leisure pool from 5-10 AM daily for water exercise.
- In accordance with Utah State Law, aquatic diapers and plastic pants are required for children wearing diapers or under the age of 3. (Both aquatic diapers and plastic pants will be available for purchase at the front desk)
- No children over age 2 are allowed in the Yellow Swings in the Kiddie Area.
- Children 4+ years old MUST use the appropriate gender locker room. If preferred, patrons may use the family changing rooms.
- Any person suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be prohibited from entering the facility. NO SMOKING (including e-cigarettes) anywhere within the facility including anywhere within the fenced area.
- No outside food is allowed in the facility without a rental (BBQ or Party Room). No glass containers are allowed in the aquatic center at any time.
- No running, horseplay or diving/flips (any activity where feet are higher than the head) anywhere in the aquatics center.
- If fecal incident occurs, the pool will close for thirty minutes or as otherwise instructed by staff.
- Only approved bathing suits. No “cut-offs”, jeans, athletic wear (sports bras, gym shorts, leggings, etc.), thong- or brazilian-cut suits, or regular diapers.
- No persons with an open sore or infection is allowed in the pool.
- Only approved floatation devices. Washington City Aquatics Lifejackets will be provided for use in our facility. (No inflatables, noodles, tubes, rafts, water wings, kickboards, baby flotation, mermaid tails/fins, etc.) Only approved play balls and toys (no hard plastic toys or balls). See Lifeguard for approval.
- Non-swimmers are not allowed in the Lap Pool. No Lifejackets in the Lap Pool.
- Lap swimmers may be required to share lanes during busy times. Please see posted circle swim etiquette flyer.
- Starting blocks are to be used only at specified times by USA Swimming registered athletes under the supervision of a currently registered USA Swimming coach.
- No outside coaching is allowed in the facility.
- Lifeguards may require a swim test before patrons are allowed to use the slide.
- No lifejackets allowed on the slide.
- Swimmers must ride feet first in the slide, one at a time, under the direction of the lifeguard.
- Parents (adult over 18 years of age) MAY slide down with children that cannot swim, but MAY NOT catch at the bottom of the slide.
- Children under 3 years of age are not allowed on the large slide at any time.
- Patrons must go with the current during Open Swim hours.
- Patrons may not stop, get out, or jump from the side at any point along the lazy river.